Enhanced Printing Options
You can register print settings as Favorites to reuse settings from a particular job that met your expectations, or settings
for a particular page size that you will use repeatedly.
Registering a favorite for later use. You can choose the settings you have registered from a list before printing, and you
can check the settings details.
• You can also save the favorite settings as files. Using these files is a convenient way to print under the
same conditions on another computer. (In Windows.)
For instructions on using favorites to print, refer to the following topics, as appropriate for your computer and operating
• Using Favorites (Windows)
• Using Favorites (Mac OS X)
Cutting Roll Paper After Printing
Roll paper can be automatically cut after printing.
• It may not be possible to cut certain types of paper, such as adhesive paper. For details on types of paper
that cannot be used with the auto cut feature, see the Paper Reference Guide. (See " Types of Pa-
Roll paper is cut automatically after printing. If you prefer, you can print continuously without cutting the roll, or you
can print a cut line.
For instructions on cutting roll paper after printing, refer to the following topics, as appropriate for your computer and
• Cutting Roll Paper After Printing (Windows)
• Cutting Roll Paper After Printing (Mac OS X)
Cutting Roll Paper After Printing (Windows)
This topic describes how to cut roll paper automatically after printing (using the auto cut function), as well as how to
print a cut line for manual cutting.
• The auto cut function is activated on the printer by default and when the printer driver is installed. Fol-
low the steps below to reactivate the function if it is disabled, or to select the setting for printing a cut
Choose Print in the application menu.
Select the printer in the dialog box, and then display the printer driver dialog box.(See " Accessing the Printer
Driver Dialog Box from Applications (Windows)
Other useful settings