Fuel Pump Filter Replacement
Empty the fuel tank into an approved petrol
container using a commercially available hand
siphon or an equivalent method.
Be careful not to damage the fuel pump while
draining the fuel in the fuel tank.
Petrol is highly flammable and explosive.
You can be burned or seriously injured
when handling fuel.
• Stop the engine and keep heat, sparks
and flame away.
• Handle fuel only outdoors.
• Wipe up spills immediately.
Servicing Your Honda
1. Relieve the fuel pressure (page 45).
2. Disconnect the fuel line (page 45).
3. Remove the fuel pump mounting bolts (1),
stopper cable guide (2), stopper cable (3),
washers (4), collars (5), conical spring washers
(6) and fuel pump plate (7) while holding the
4. Remove the fuel tank.
Be careful not to drop the fuel tank when remove
the stopper cable.
(1) fuel pump mounting bolts
(2) stopper cable guide
(3) stopper cable
(6) conical spring washers
(7) fuel pump plate
5. Remove the fuel pump unit (8) and O-rings (9).
Be careful not to damage the fuel pump unit.
(8) fuel pump unit
6. Disconnect the fuel pump wire terminals (10)
from the fuel pump base (11).
Be careful not to damage the wires when
disconnect the fuel pump wire terminals.
(10) fuel pump wire terminals
(11) fuel pump base