Checking Battery Power
Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Power. The Battery tab opens displaying the charge status of both the installed Li-ion
battery pack and the NiMH backup battery inside the terminal.
Power system settings contains three tabs: Battery, Wireless, and Advanced. For more information, see
To maintain optimal battery performance, follow these storage guidelines:
• Avoid storing batteries outside the specified range of -4 to 104° F (-20 to 40°C) or in extremely high humidity.
• For prolonged storage, do not keep batteries stored in a charger that is connected to a power source.
Guidelines for Battery Use and Disposal
The following are general guidelines for the safe use and disposal of batteries:
• Use only the battery supplied, recommended, or approved by HHP.
• Replace defective batteries immediately; using a defective battery could damage the Dolphin terminal.
• Never throw a used battery in the trash. It contains heavy metals and should be recycled according to local guidelines.
• Don't short-circuit a battery or throw it into a fire. It can explode and cause severe personal injury.
• Excessive discharge damages a battery. Recharge the battery when your terminal indicates low battery power.
• Although your battery can be recharged many times, it will eventually be depleted. Replace it after the battery is unable to
hold an adequate charge.
• If you are not sure the battery or charger is working properly, please send it to HHP or an authorized HHP service center for
3 - 12
Dolphin® 9500 Series Mobile Computer User's Guide