You can exchange information between your Dolphin 9500 Series terminal and other mobile devices, a desktop computer, a
network, or the Internet. You have the following connection options:
• Connect to your desktop computer and synchronize via Microsoft ActiveSync v3.7 or higher.
• Use the infrared (IrDA) port to send and receive files between two devices.
• Connect to your ISP.
More information on the procedures described here, as well as information on additional procedures, can be found in the following
• ActiveSync Help on the desktop computer. In ActiveSync, click Help > Microsoft ActiveSync Help.
• Online Help. Tap Start > Help > View menu > All Installed Help > Inbox or Connections.
For more information, go to the Windows Mobile software website at:
Installing Additional Software
In addition to the default programs installed on your terminal when it is first booted up, you can install any program (created for
a Windows Mobile device), as long as the terminal has enough memory to store the program and the program has an *.exe,
*.cab, or *.dll extension.
The most popular place to find software on the Windows Mobile website:
When selecting programs, verify that the program and version of the program are designed for the Windows Mobile and
your processor. You can verify your processor by tapping Start > Settings > System tab > About > Version tab. Make a
note of the information in the Processor field.
You can install additional software via:
• ActiveSync - see page 6-4.
• Infrared - see page 6-6.
• The Internet (via wireless radio) - see page 6-10.
Dolphin® 9500 Series Mobile Computer User's Guide
6 - 1