Dial Up to Your Network
Complete the following steps to create a new Bluetooth internet connection. Before setting up dial-up networking, prepare
yourself with dial-up information and other necessary settings from your office network or ISP.
Note: For more information about modem connections, see
1. Go to Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections.
2. In the top field, select Internet Settings and tap Modify. Then, tap New.
3. Enter a name for the connection. Remember what you name the connection. In the future, you will need to select it to start
For the modem, select Bluetooth Phone.
For the Baud Rate, select 115200.
If you want to configure Port Settings, TCP/IP, or Name Server settings, navigate to the setting and tap Advanced.
4. Tap Next.
5. In the Phone number field, enter the dial-up number. Tap Next.
6. Uncheck Wait for dial tone before dialing. Tap Finish.
7. Now you are ready to start the connection. In the Connections screen, under Internet Settings, tap Connect. In Network Log
On, verify the dialing settings. Tap OK.
ONLY FOR MOTOROLA TIMEPORT 270C OR NOKIA 3650/6310/7650/8910/8910i:
a) After you tap Connect for the first time, the phone displays a message asking if you want to bond. On Motorola, enter
GRANT; on Nokia, enter ACCEPT.
Dolphin® 9500 Series Mobile Computer User's Guide
Creating an External Modem Connection to an ISP
8 - 29