SIM Card Installation
SIM stands for Subscriber Information Module. A SIM card stores the subscriber's personal information, GSM/GPRS radio
settings, security key, contacts, etc. SIM cards can be installed and removed from compatible mobile devices, enabling you to
switch devices without losing your personal information. SIM cards are obtained and activated by the network provider that
supports your GSM/GPRS network.
On the Dolphin 9500 terminal, the SIM card door is located in the battery well on the back panel. This enables easy access to
the SIM card while securing it under an installed battery.
To Install a SIM Card:
Note: You need a metric .050 Hex head wrench to open the SIM card door.
The SIM card must be activated by the service provider prior to installation.
1. Turn off your terminal and lay it face-down on a flat surface.
2. Remove the battery pack. For details, see
To Remove the Main Battery Pack
SIM Card Door
3. Using the Hex head wrench, unscrew the faceplate of the SIM card door.
4. Insert your SIM card. Make sure the interface on the card is connected to the SIM Card interface in the slot; the beveled
corner is in the upper right corner.
5. Place the SIM card door over the secured SIM card and secure the allen screws.
SIM Card Door
SIM Card Interface
9 - 2
Dolphin® 9500 Series Mobile Computer User's Guide