Resetting purge or flushing counter
1) Switch the machine to the maintenance mode using the steps below.
Models without touch panel
Press the Menu and Black Start (Mono Start) keys in this order. Next press the
Models with touch panel
Press the Menu key on the touch panel and the Black Start (Mono Start) key on the
control panel. Next press the Scan key four times.
TIP: When the touch panel is inoperable, simultaneously press the Scan and Copy keys
on the control panel, instead of the Menu key, and press the Black Start (Mono Start)
key. Next press the Scan key four times.
TIP: Models equipped with a numerical keypad on the control panel can enter the
maintenance mode in the same way as conventional models; that is, by pressing the
Menu, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys in this sequence.
The machine beeps for approx. one second (MFC only) and displays
of the maintenance mode, a mode in which the machine is ready to accept entry from
2) Press the 8 and 0 keys in this order in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call
up the machine's log information. For models without numerical keypad, enter 8 and 0
in this order using the
3) Press the Black Start (Mono Start) key several times until the purge or flushing count
appears on the LCD.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge or flushing count. For
models without numerical keypad, enter 2, 7, 8, and 3 in this order using the
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return the machine to the initial stage of the maintenance
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state. For models without numerical
keypad, enter 9 twice using the
" on the LCD, indicating that it is placed in the initial stage
and OK keys. (Function code 80. Refer to
and OK keys.