184.108.40.206 Assurance Mode Switch Setting (Function code 88) (User-accessible)
The machine incorporates five assurance mode switches (AMS01 through AMS05) that are
firmware switches just as the ones described in
When the machine does not function normally because the usage environments or operating
conditions are not usual, the assurance mode switches provide workarounds to make the
machine usable by changing the machine settings to untypical ones.
The user is allowed to access the assurance mode switches under the guidance of service
personnel (e.g., by telephone).
The details about AMS01 through AMS05 are described on the following pages.
(1) Press the 8 key twice in the initial stage of the maintenance mode. For models without
numerical keypad, enter 8 twice using the
The machine displays "AMS00" on the LCD and becomes ready to accept an assurance
mode switch number.
(2) Enter the desired number from the assurance mode switch numbers (01 through 05).
The following appears on the LCD:
(3) Use the right and left arrow keys to move the cursor to the selector position to be modified.
NOTE: In models with touch panel, if the
software keypad, it is necessary to switch the software keypads between the numerical and
function keypads by pressing the Scan and Copy keys simultaneously.
(4) Enter the desired number (0 or 1) using the 0 and 1 keys. For models without numerical
keypad, enter 0 or 1 using the
(5) Press the OK key (Photo Capture key for models without OK key). This operation saves
the newly entered selector values onto the EEPROM and readies the machine for accepting
an assurance mode switch number.
(6) Repeat steps (2) through (5) until the modification for the desired assurance mode switches
(7) Press the Stop/Exit key to return the machine to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
NOTES: • To cancel this operation and return the machine to the initial stage of the
maintenance mode during the above procedure, press the Stop/Exit key.
• If there is a pause of more than one minute after a single-digit number is entered for
double-digit assurance mode switch numbers, the machine will automatically
return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
• Initializing the EEPROM with Function code 01 or 91 initializes the AMS switch
AMSXX = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
and OK keys.
and OK keys.
keys are not displayed on the