220.127.116.11 Equipment Error Code Indication (Function code 82) (User-accessible)
This function displays an error code of the last error on the LCD.
(1) Press the 8 and 2 keys in this order in the initial stage of the maintenance mode. For models
without numerical keypad, enter 8 and 2 in this order using the
The LCD shows the "MACHINE ERROR X X."
(2) To stop this operation and return the machine to the initial stage of the maintenance mode,
press the Stop/Exit key.
18.104.22.168 Output of Transmission Log to the Telephone Line (Function code 87)
This function outputs the transmission log (that the machine has stored about the latest
transmission) to the telephone line. It allows the service personnel to receive the transmission
log of the user's machine at a remote location and use it for analyzing problems arising in the
This function is applicable to the MFC only.
(1) If the user's machine has a transmission-related problem, call the user's machine at a remote
location from your machine.
(2) If the line is connected, have the user perform the following:
1) Press the Menu, Black Start (Mono Start), and 0 keys in this order.
TIP: In models with touch panel, if the touch panel is inoperable, simultaneously press
the Scan and Copy keys on the control panel instead of the Menu key, then press the
Black Start (Mono Start) and 0 keys in this order.
2) Press the 8 and 7 keys in this order.
The above operation makes the user's machine send CNG to your machine for sending
the transmission log.
(3) If you hear the CNG sent from the user's machine, press the Black Start (Mono Start) key
of your machine.
Your machine will start to receive the transmission log from the user's machine.
and OK keys.