CLEANING THE MAINTENANCE UNIT
(1) Plug the power cord of the machine into an electrical outlet.
(2) Switch the machine to the maintenance mode using the steps below. (Refer to
Models without touch panel
Press the Menu and Black Start (Mono Start) keys in this order. Next press the
Models with touch panel
Press the Menu key on the touch panel and the Black Start (Mono Start) key on the
control panel. Next press the Scan key four times.
TIP: When the touch panel is inoperable, simultaneously press the Scan and Copy keys on
the control panel, instead of the Menu key, and press the Black Start (Mono Start) key.
Next press the Scan key four times.
TIP: Models equipped with a numerical keypad on the control panel can enter the
maintenance mode in the same way as conventional models; that is, by pressing the Menu,
*, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys in this sequence.
The machine beeps for approx. one second and displays "
LCD, indicating that it is placed in the initial stage of the maintenance mode, a mode in
which the machine is ready to accept entry from the keys.
(3) Move the head/carriage unit to the center of its travel (function code 63 in
126.96.36.199) using the steps below.
Models with numerical keypad
Press the 6, 3, Black Start (Mono Start), and * keys in this order.
Models without numerical keypad
Enter 6 and 3 in this order using the
(Mono Start) key. Next enter * using the
(4) Unplug the power cord of the machine from the electrical outlet.
(5) Open the scanner cover (scanner unit).
(6) Clean the head cap unit and wiper of the maintenance unit with a "Rubycel" stick that is a
cleaner stick provided as a spare part. (See the illustration on the next page.)
Note: Do not use a cotton swab that may leave lint on the cleaned sections. Lint left on the
maintenance unit will affect the print performance.
Note: Use a new Rubycel stick and do not use the used one for any other maintenance
Note: During the cleaning jobs, take care not to touch the head caps or wiper directly by
hand or scratch their surfaces. Do not remove them from the head cap holder.
(7) Close the scanner cover.
(8) Plug the power cord of the machine into an electrical outlet.
(9) Hear the head/carriage unit moving. After the moving sound stops, unplug the machine's
power cord from the electrical outlet.
, and OK keys, and then press the Black Start
, and OK keys.
" on the