[ 5 ] Update the paper feeding correction value (Function code 58)
Before starting the operation below, be sure to set A4-size paper in the paper tray for printing
(1) On your PC, run "filedg32.exe" in the folder created in
The Filedrgs window appears as shown below.
For the paper feed roller adjustment
(2) Drag and drop the "pfadj.prn" onto the Brother Maintenance USB Printer driver icon in the
Filedrgs window shown above.
The machine displays the "RECEIVING DATA" on the LCD and prints out "PF adjust
check" pattern (see
(3) On the machine, press the 5 and 8 keys in this order. (For models without numerical
keypad, enter 5 and 8 in this order using the
The "1.PF 2.EXIT" appears on the LCD.
(4) To select the paper feed roller adjustment, press the 1 key. (For models without numerical
keypad, enter 1 using the
The "PF ADJ NO. +0" appears on the LCD.
(5) Out of the three rows of the "PF adjust check" pattern (on
and select the block that is the least uneven print. Make a note of that block number.
If the least unevenness seems to be far to the left of -8, regard it as -8; if it seems to be far to
the right of +8, regard it as +8. In this case, you need to check whether the paper feed roller
and head/carriage unit are set into place.
for a sample printout).
and OK keys.)
and OK keys.)
7-18), check the middle row