(5) Take the paper feed motor harness and PF encoder/registration sensor harness out of the
harness guides provided on the lower cover.
Assembling Note: Route the harnesses as shown on the next page.
(6) Lift the engine unit up and out of the lower cover in the direction of the arrow shown
below, holding the inner chute located beneath the CR guide rail.
Note: Do not hold the CR guide rail.
Note: If the ink absorber box does not need to be replaced, be sure to take it out of the
lower cover together with the engine unit. Do not disconnect the main drain tube from the
ink absorber box. Once disconnected, the tube will become unusable and a new part will
have to be put back in.
Note: Do not place the engine unit directly on a flat surface; doing so may break the PF
encoder disk and gears. Be sure to place a support pad under the engine unit as shown
• Before mounting the engine unit on the lower cover, make sure that the PF encoder/
registration sensor harness is routed through the cable guides on the inner chute as shown
on the next page and
• When mounting the engine unit on the lower cover, be careful not to crush the harnesses
between the unit and the cover. Mount the engine unit parallel to the lower cover so that
the screws are tightened securely.
(7) Take the flushing box and ink absorber felt out of the lower cover.
Assembling Note: If you replace the flushing box (without replacing the main PCB), you
also need to replace the ink absorber box (see
and purge counters as specified in
CR guide rail
PF encoder disk
Chapter 7, Section
Purge cam switch harness
Ink absorber felt
6.1.15) and reset both the flushing