18.104.22.168 Measuring of RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) (Function code 195)
This function is used to measure the RSSI (received signal strength indicator) of outside radio
frequency interference (RFI) with the frequency band in a channel selected in an environment
where the cordless handset is used.
Select a channel (001ch through 089ch) and measure the RSSI using the procedure below.
Lower measured value means less radio frequency interference and better communications
If noise is heard with the cordless handset due to radio frequency interference, changing the
locations of the machine and the cordless handset may avoid the noise.
(1) On the cordless handset, press the Menu/OK, *, #, 1, 9, 5, and # keys in this order in the
The following appears on the handset's LCD.
RF TEST MODE
CH = 040
(2) To change the channel, enter a 3-digit channel number from 001 through 089 using the
numerical keys or the arrow keys (
(3) Press the Menu/OK key on the cordless handset to start measuring the RSSI.
CH = 089
Where, "H" or "L" at the end of the first line means high or low gain modulation,
NOTE: The higher the measured value, the higher the radio frequency interference.
(4) To measure the RSSI for other channels, repeat steps (2) and (3) above.
(5) To returns to the standby state, press the Off key.
key switches to high or low gain modulation, respectively.
) on the cordless handset.