(1) Press the 1 and 0 keys in this order in the initial stage of the maintenance mode. For models
without numerical keypad, enter 1 and 0 in this order using the
The machine displays the "WSW00" on the LCD and becomes ready to accept a firmware
(2) Enter the desired number from the firmware switch numbers (01 through 60).
The following appears on the LCD:
WSWXX = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
(3) Use the
NOTE: For models with touch panel, if the
software keypad, it is necessary to switch the software keypads between the numerical and
function keypads by pressing the Scan and Copy keys simultaneously.
(4) Enter the desired number using the 0 and 1 keys. For models without numerical keypad,
enter the desired number (0 or 1) using the
(5) Press the OK key (Photo Capture key for models without OK key). This operation saves
the newly entered selector values onto the EEPROM and readies the machine for accepting
a firmware switch number.
(6) Repeat steps (2) through (5) until the modification for the desired firmware switches is
(7) Press the Stop/Exit key to return the machine to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
NOTES • To cancel this operation and return the machine to the initial stage of the
maintenance mode during the above procedure, press the Stop/Exit key.
• If there is a pause of more than one minute after a single-digit number is entered for
double-digit firmware switch numbers, the machine will automatically return to the
initial stage of the maintenance mode.
Details of Firmware Switches
The details of the firmware switches are described in
selectors of the firmware switches are shaded.
keys to move the cursor to the selector position to be modified.
keys are not displayed on the
and OK keys.
in which the user-accessible
and OK keys.