Backing up SIMATIC Route Control data
Backing up configuration data
Data backup options
SIMATIC Route Control provides the following options for backing up and restoring project
● You can back up the project data from SIMATIC Route Control with a PCS 7 project.
● You can generate an image of the partition on which the project database is located.
● You can export/import the partial routes of SIMATIC Route Control.
How to back up project data from SIMATIC Route Control
This section describes the separate backup of partial routes from SIMATIC Route Control to
You can back up the partial routes with the offline project data from SIMATIC Route Control.
The interface blocks are part of the PCS 7 project and are backed up during the archiving of
the PCS 7 project.
Preparing the database backups
Before performing a backup, you must always carry out the following steps in Route Control
● Check the database consistency via the menu command Options > Check Consistency.
● Compress the database via the menu command Options > Compress Database.
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02
For additional information, refer to the "How to archive a project (Page 17)" section.
For additional information, refer to the "How to back up project data from SIMATIC Route
Control (Page 29)" section.
Process Control System PCS 7; SIMATIC Route Control
3.2 Data backup