3.3 Hardware update
Requirements for the firmware update
● STEP 7 V5.3 or higher is installed on the programming device or PC.
● The update file for the firmware update is available on the programming device/PC.
● Ethernet card (CP 1613, 3COM network adapter, for example)
Determining the MAC address of the CP 443-1
When updating firmware, you must know the current MAC address of the CP 443-1.
1. Open SIMATIC Manager.
2. In the component view, select the CP 443-1 for which the firmware is to be updated from
3. Select the CPU > Diagnostics/Settings > Module Information.
4. Click "Special Diagnostics".
5. Note the MAC address setting of the CP 443-1 under "Industrial Ethernet".
Performing the firmware update
Note the following:
● A warning message appears before the download operation begins if an incorrect CP type
● With the next steps, all data on your CP are deleted and cannot be recovered!
● Do not cancel a download operation once it is started. The CP may no longer be usable
1. In the Siemens SIMATIC programs Start menu, select: STEP 7 > NCM S7 Industrial
2. Click "Continue".
3. In the "Step 1" dialog box, set the path for the update file:
4. Click "Continue".
below the SIMATIC station.
The NCM S7 diagnostics tool opens.
If the NCM S7 diagnostics do not start, the connection between the programming device/
PC and the CP 443-1 is faulty. Correct the fault.
has been inadvertently addressed. The firmware can nevertheless be downloaded to an
incorrect CP type if the message is acknowledged.
if you do this and you will have to send it in for repair.
Ethernet > Firmware Loader.
The dialog box of the firmware loader opens.
– Click "Browse".
– Use "Select file" to select the desired file ("<drive>:\TEMP\Cp4435ba.fwl", for example).
– Click on the "Open" button.
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02