You can prevent a message surge by activating the "Messaging Triggered by
Acknowledgment" function. You can find information on configuring in the configuration manual
Process Control System PCS 7; Engineering System.
Changing message priorities
In PCS 7, a priority can be assigned to each message. 0 is the lowest priority and 16 the highest
priority. When a signaling block is newly generated, its messages initially have the lowest
You can change the message priority in a variety of ways:
● In the object properties for the block
● In the process object view
● Via an import operation
● Message priorities can only be specified if you defined the message number range as
● In PCS 7 OS, the unacknowledged message with the highest priority is always displayed
● You can filter the list according to priority.
You can find information about configuring message priorities in the configuration manual
Process Control System PCS 7; Operator Station.
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02
"Unique for Entire CPU".
in the message row above the overview. If multiple messages have the same priority, the
most recent message is displayed here.
Message concept of PCS 7
5.5 Understanding messages