3.3 Hardware update
Requirements for the firmware update
● STEP 7 V5.3 or higher is installed on the programming device or PC.
● The update file for the firmware update is available on the programming device / PC.
● MPI cable
Preparing for the firmware update
1. Make sure that the required firmware update files are available on the programming device
2. Switch off the power supply (PS) of the rack where the CP is inserted.
3. Use an MPI cable to establish a direct connection between the MPI interface of your
4. Switch on the power supply of the rack and the programming device or PC.
5. In the Siemens SIMATIC programs Start menu select: SIMATIC NET > Set PG/PC
6. Click "OK".
7. Make sure there are no active applications on your programming device.
8. Restart the interface.
Ensure the following for the firmware update of the CP 443-5 Extended:
● If you want to connect devices that operate with PROFIBUS standard DPV1 to your
PCS 7 system after conversion, you might have to replace the hardware (e.g. CP type:
6GK7 443-5DX03-0XE0 with firmware V5.1 or higher).
● This hardware requires special device drivers.
For information on generating the device drivers, refer to the
SIMATIC PCS 7; Programming Instructions, Creating Blocks for PCS 7 documentation.
Files for the firmware update are available on the Internet. You can find information on this
in the section "Hardware Updates".
programming device or PC and the PROFIBUS interface of the CP.
You use this to establish the access path to the CP 443-5 Extended.
Example: Make the following setting for the CP 5611 (FWL):·
– Select "FWL_LOAD" as the "Application access point" to the CP 443-5 Extended.
– Select the MPI interface with the supplement "(FWL)" as the interface.
Process Control System
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02