3.2 Data backup
How to archive and retrieve a multiproject
You can store a multiproject in compressed form in an archive file in the same way as individual
projects or libraries. This can be done on a hard disk or on transportable storage media (such
as a ZIP disk).
If individual projects of a multiproject are stored on more than one PC in a network, you must
use the following programs to archive the multiproject:
This program is installed automatically together with PCS 7 (STEP 7 add-on package).
Archive the multiproject on an engineering server.
Requirements for archiving a multiproject
● A tool is installed for archiving project data (default:
● Archiving a multiproject is a cross-project function. Therefore, no other process can access
Archiving a multiproject
1. Select the multiproject in SIMATIC Manager.
2. Select the menu command File > Archive.
3. Select the "Multiprojects" tab.
4. Confirm the selected multiproject by clicking "OK" to save your entries.
5. Make the following settings for the archiving:
6. Click "Save" to apply your settings.
7. If you want to archive the project on floppy disks, select the size of the diskette.
8. Click "OK".
When the "Archive" dialog box closes, archiving is finished.
during the system setup from PCS 7.
any of the projects in the multiproject during archiving.
The "Archive" dialog box opens.
– In the "Save to" drop-down list:
Select the drive and folder.
– In the "File name" box:
Enter the name of the file in which the data are to be saved.
The "Archive – Options" dialog box opens.
For additional information about this dialog box, click "Help".
The archiving process begins.
PKZip ). PKZip is automatically installed
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02