Failure - What next?
Activities in the event of a fault
Basic procedure in the event of a fault
1. Evaluate the messages with regard to the following aspects:
2. Determine the location and area of the fault.
3. Determine the actions to be taken.
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02
If the components you are using do not have diagnostics capability, only secondary faults
– Use diagnostic tools to analyze the fault. You can achieve the following with the
You can find the cause of a fault.
You can verify the presumed cause of a fault.
– You can find the following information in the section "Diagnostics for PCS 7" for support:
The diagnostic tools available for PCS 7
Applications for the various diagnostic tools according to subsystem
Make use of skilled experts if you cannot find a solution to your problem based on
available information. For information on this topic, refer to the section "Additional
support (Page 11)" of this documentation.
In a running plant, check if a stop is necessary.
Note the following information:
● The following actions may only be carried out by qualified personnel and in compliance
with valid statutory provisions and plant-specific rules:
– Changes to the configuration
– Replacement of and changes to components
● Bear in mind that uncharacteristic situations can occur in the plant after activation.
Make sure the activation of components and secondary systems is carefully directed.