3.2 Data backup
● Backing up configuration data (Page 29)
● Backing up project data from SIMATIC Route Control (Page 29)
● Restoring data from a backup (Page 30)
Creating an image file
● Backing up data by generating an image file (Page 31)
Make sure that backups are stored in a protected location (in separate rooms, fireproof
Make sure the backups are readable (particularly when reusable storage media such as
floppy disks are used).
Backing up ES project data
How to back up parameter settings of the SIMATIC station
You can change parameters (such as controller settings) online in the SIMATIC station using
the PCS 7 OS and the engineering station.
Some situations make it necessary to back up the current data blocks, FBs or parameter
settings from the SIMATIC station. This is the case, for example, when the configuration data
have been restored from a data backup.
You can make use of the following backup options:
● Reading data blocks and FBs from the SIMATIC station
● Reading charts with current parameters from the SIMATIC station
These actions overwrite all settings in the configuration with the current values of the
system. Make sure that the settings for start values, for example, are correctly maintained.
If you read back the data from the SIMATIC Station, you must ensure that hazardous
conditions cannot occur following a hot restart of the system or after configuration data
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02