3.3 Hardware update
Firmware update for SIMATIC stations with redundant interface modules
You can perform a firmware update of the interface modules for SIMATIC 400H station with
redundant interface modules during runtime.
How to perform a firmware update of an interface module (IM)
This section provides a description of the update of the firmware for interface modules
(Interface Module (IM)) via Industrial Ethernet.
The following is required to perform the update via Industrial Ethernet:
● STEP 7 V5.3 or higher is installed on the programming device or PC.
● The update file for the firmware update is available on the programming device / PC.
● The CP 443-1 is routing-capable (check in HW Config: Properties of the CP > brief
● The files containing the current (new) version of the firmware is available in the file system
● The IM has been integrated in your PCS 7 project.
1. Open SIMATIC Manager.
2. In the component view, select the SIMATIC station in which the IM is located.
3. Double-click the "Hardware" object in the detail window.
4. Select the IM whose firmware you want to update.
5. Select the menu command PLC > Update Firmware.
6. Make the settings in accordance with the table below.
7. Click "Execute". The firmware is updated.
description "Routing" is listed).
of your programming device or PC.
HW Config opens.
The "Update Firmware" dialog box opens.
As of firmware version
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02