3.2 Data backup
4. Click "OK" to save your settings.
5. Make the following settings for the archiving:
6. Click "Save" to apply your settings.
How to export operator and display texts
To visualize the process on the operator station you use faceplates, which show the plant
operator the measured values, operating limits, units, and operator texts of the blocks, for
If you have changed operator or display texts in your blocks, we recommend that you back up
the operator and display texts.
Exporting operator and display texts
In SIMATIC Manager you can export information relating to parameters, signals and messages
to a file (format: *.csv).
You can edit this file in standard MS Office applications (such as Excel and Access).
The same mechanisms that are used for converting to project-specific languages are used for
PCS 7 allows you to store all operator and display texts in every desired language. The only
requirement is that the language is installed in your project:
● The languages available in SIMATIC Manager can be displayed via the menu command
● The number of languages offered is specified when Windows is installed (system
1. Open the project in the SIMATIC Manager.
2. In the component view, select the master data library (or, if not available, the project folder).
3. Select the menu command Options > Manage Multilanguage Texts > Export.
The "Archive - Select Archive" dialog box opens.
– In the "Save to" drop-down list:
Select the drive and folder
– In the "File name" box:
Enter the name of the file in which the data are to be saved.
The archiving process begins.
Options > Language for Display Devices.
The "Export User Texts" dialog box opens.
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02