● Function upgrades
● Operating system enhancements
You can find the firmware versions for modules released of a particular PCS 7 version in the
"PCS 7 - Released Modules" documentation that corresponds to the version in question.
Requirements for the firmware update
A firmware update for a SIMATIC module may be required if you wish to use new functions or
Checking the latest product version or the firmware version of a module
You need to check the latest product version or the firmware version of a module in the following
● When replacing a module (due to a defect, for example)
● When you wish to use new functions after you have change the configuration
out which PCS 7 version first included the feature.
Determining the product version or the firmware version
● You can find the following identifiers on update-capable modules:
● When a firmware update is delivered you obtain a label showing the current firmware
Modules that cannot be updated:
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02
PCS 7 - Released Modules documentation for the older PCS 7 versions to find
– The product version is indicated by a cross (in the following example: product version
– The original version of a firmware is indicated with text (in the following example: V3.0.2).
version which you can paste over the displayed label. After having completed the firmware
update, replace the module label accordingly to identify the valid FW version. This will
ensure uniformity in the plant documentation.
3.3 Hardware update