Purpose of this documentation
This documentation contains information to support you in the following:
● Performing steps to ensure the availability of a PCS 7 system
● Verifying requirements for effective diagnostics for your PCS 7 system
● Understanding the alarm concept of a PCS 7 system
● Responding appropriately to faults and preparing detailed information about the state of
● Selecting the correct diagnostic tool, enabling you to perform diagnostics on your PCS 7
Disclaimer of liability
Siemens assumes no liability for inappropriate use of the instructions provided in this
documentation or any consequences that might result for the customer.
● Only trained service employees should be authorized to work on the process control
● Always observe the plant-specific rules and government regulations when making
● Observe the plant-specific boundary conditions and adjust the work accordingly.
● Always bear in mind that changes in a system can impact other sections of the system.
Target Audience of this Documentation
This documentation is intended for use by the following trained service personnel (Service
● PCS 7 users
● SIMATIC S7 specialists
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02
the PCS 7 system for service experts
system with the help provided
changes to your system.