Retrieving a multiproject
1. In SIMATIC Manager, select the menu command File > Retrieve.
2. In the next dialog box, select the archived multiproject.
3. Click "Open" to save your entries.
4. Select the destination directory where the archive is to be unzipped. Click "OK".
5. Click "OK".
6. Click "Yes" as required to open the project, or click "No" to close the session.
A subdirectory is automatically created in the destination directory you selected. The
subdirectory contains the following:
● By default: The name of the multiproject
● Individually: A unique directory name derived from the name of the multiproject
The following are placed in the subdirectory:
● Projects contained in the multiproject
● Libraries, including the master data library
Once a multiproject is retrieved, all project directories of the multiproject are located on the
same level below this directory.
How to archive custom libraries
If you have created a custom project library in PCS 7, we recommend that you archive it.
Perform the steps below for each library to be backed up.
1. In SIMATIC Manager, select the menu command File > Archive.
2. Open the "Libraries" tab.
3. Click "Browse" and select the library you want to archive from the list.
Service support and diagnostics (V8.0)
Service Manual, 03/2012, A5E02779775-02
The "Select Destination Directory" dialog box opens.
The multiproject is retrieved.
After the retrieval operation, the "Retrieve" dialog box opens.
The following is displayed in the "Retrieve" dialog box.
– The name of the retrieved project
– A prompt for opening the project
The "Archive" dialog box opens.
3.2 Data backup