• Do not install in any location that is subject to large amounts of vibration.
• If the VF-AS1 Inverter is installed near any of the equipment listed below, provide measures to insure against errors
• Do not touch the heat sink, because it becomes hot during operation.
How to install
• Do not operate the inverter if it is damaged or any component is missing.
This can result in electric shock or fire. Call your local sales agency for repairs.
• Must be installed in non-inflammables such as metals.
The rear panel gets very hot. If installation is in an inflammable object, this can result in fire.
• Do not operate with the front panel cover removed.
This can result in electric shock.
• An emergency stop device must be installed that fits with system specifications. (e.g. shut off input
power then engage mechanical brake)
Operation cannot be stopped immediately by the inverter alone, thus risking an accident or injury.
• All options used must be those specified by Toshiba.
The use of any other option may result in an accident.
• The main unit must be installed on a base that can bear the unit's weight.
If the unit is installed on a base that cannot withstand that weight, the unit may fall resulting in
• If braking is necessary (to hold motor shaft), install a mechanical brake.
The brake on the inverter will not function as a mechanical hold, and if used for that purpose, injury
Note: If the VF-AS1 Inverter is installed in a location that
Solenoids: Attach surge suppressor on coil.
Brakes: Attach surge suppressor on coil.
Magnetic contactors: Attach surge suppressor on coil.
Fluorescent lamps: Attach surge suppressor on coil.
Resistors: Place far away from VF-AS1 Inverter.
is subject to vibration, anti-vibration measures are
Please consult with your Toshiba distributor about