12.6 ERRATIC SCAN OPERATION
1. Verify that communication termination jumpers on the board in the housing are set
Home-Run Wiring – one scan per control output
Daisy-Chain Wiring – more than one scan per control output
2. Verify data lines are not broken and are connected properly at the terminal strip in
Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) Option – verify jumpers W3 & W4 in housing are in
positions 1 & 2.
12.7 LENS OUT OF OPTICAL FOCUS
1. A function has been added to reset the camera lens (zoom and focus).
Pre-programmed PreShots activate this function:
Honeywell Diamond, Honeywell Maxpro mode, Honeywell
VCL, or Pelco protocols
American Dynamics and American Dynamics switcher
using Pelco protocol
2. This can also be caused by dirt, oil, grease, fingerprints, etc. on the lens or dome.
Check the lens and dome and clean if needed.
3. Verify that the lens cap is not on the camera. A translucent cap may be in place and
will blur the camera if not removed.
Jumpers W1 and W2 are installed in the TERM position.
Jumpers W1 and W2 are installed in the TERM position on the last housing on
the data run.
Jumpers W1 and W2 are installed in the UNTERM position on all
12.4, possible solution