12.2 NO VIDEO, CONTINUED
9. If multiple scans are in the system, exchange one of the scan units from another
housing. Set the address of the exchange unit to the existing unit. Call up the scan
using the controller (each unit has a unique address). If video is present, the
problem is isolated to the scan assembly.
12.3 VIDEO PROBLEMS (UNSHIELDED TWISTED PAIR (UTP) OPTION ONLY)
Inverted Video: Swap the video+ and video - leads of UTP cabling on video
connections at one end only.
Poor Video: Make sure DIP switch SW1 in the housing is set for the proper cable
length. Refer to the installation guide provided with your housing.
12.4 VIDEO, BUT NO CONTROL
1. Make sure the controller is addressed to the correct scan (camera).
2. Ensure the three rotary switches on the receiver board are set to the proper camera
S1 = Ones Digit,
S2 = Tens Digit,
S3 = Hundreds Digit.
Note: If scan is set to address 000, the scan responds to all address commands.
3. Ensure DIP switch S4 is set for the correct control system.
4. Diamond Series Controllers - Ensure LED or LCD display is lit on the controller.
Unplug the controller, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
5. Power down all system components for 15 seconds and then return power.
Allow the scan to count down. The red LED lights briefly when the HD6 is first
powered up - it will then turn off.
When the HD6 receives valid data for the set protocol, it will light for 5 seconds then
turn off. The LED will often flash if the HD6 receives invalid data. Some controllers
do not transmit any data unless a key is pressed, a joystick moved, etc. In that case
the HD6 should be manually controlled for more than 5 seconds to cause the LED to
Systems Operating at 9600 Baud – Verify the red LED (D5) on the receiver board
lights for 5 seconds upon power up.