LOWER DOME INSTALLATION
1. Remove the lens cap from the camera lens.
2. Install the lower dome. Follow instructions shown for the specific type of mount.
CAUTION: Always handle the lower dome by the flange around the
dome. Do not touch the inside surface of the dome.
3.1.1 Indoor Dome with Safety Lanyard Installed on Housing at Factory
1. Attach the safety cable from the housing to the lower dome.
a. Remove the acorn nut on the mounting screw on the lower dome.
b. Hook the safety cable eyelet over the screw on the lower dome and thread the
2. To secure the lower dome so it has to be removed with a tool, perform the following
step, otherwise, go to step 3.
a. Locate the bag containing a lock screw and 5/64" hex key (supplied with the
b. Insert the 2-56 lock screw through the hole in the lower dome trim ring and
3. Align the lower dome with the housing and twist to lock the lower dome brackets
over the mounting posts. If you installed the lock screw in step 2, tighten the lock
screw in the lower dome with the 5/64" hex key until it is snug. DO NOT
HD6 LOWER DOME
acorn nut onto the screw. Ensure safety cable is positioned as shown in
drawing. Ensure cable is perpendicular to bracket and parallel to lower dome
screw it into the lower dome inner ring.
for illustration of installation.