3. Connect the AC Cord.
4. The VCR turns ON automatically and the Cassette Holder Unit is loaded. The top of
Set Lever L and R is locked by the First Locking Tab (Left and Right). Then the
VCR turns OFF.
5. Clear the First Locking Tab (Left and Right) by pressing the (a) portion of the Set
Lever L and R.
6. Turn ON the Power Switch.
7. The top of Set Lever R is locked by the Second Locking Tab (Same as Step 4).
8. Clear the Second Locking Tab ( Right) by pressing the (a) portion of the Set Lever
9. Turn ON the Power Switch.
10. The top of Set Lever L and R is locked by the Third Locking Tab (Same as Step 4).
11. Clear the Third Locking Tab (Left and Right) by pressing the (a) portion of the Set
Lever L and R.
12. Turn ON the Power Switch.
13. The Cassette Holder Unit is in the down position and the loading operation is
3.3.10. Black Screws on the Chassis
Black Screws are used on the Mechanism Chassis to identify screws that require
3.3.11. Variable Voltage Isolation Transformer
Because a Hot Chassis Ground is present in the Switched Mode Power Supply
Circuit, an Isolation Transformer must be used. Also, in order to have the ability to
increase the input voltage slowly, when troubleshooting this type of Power Supply
Circuit, a variable isolation transformer is required.
3.3.12. Cylinder Rotation in STOP mode
The cylinder will continue to rotate for approximately 5 minutes after the STOP button
is pressed in Play mode etc. Eject the tape in order to stop the cylinder.
3.3.13. Service of UHF/VHF TUNER/TV DEMODULATOR UNIT
Since the UHF/VHF TUNER/TV DEMODULATOR UNIT has already been pre-adjusted
at the factory, do not try to adjust the UHF/VHF TUNER/TV DEMODULATOR UNIT.
The UHF/VHF TUNER/TV DEMODULATOR UNIT replacement part is available as a
complete assembly unit only.
3.3.14. Supply Unit for Infrared Remote Control Unit