188.8.131.52. REPLACEMENT OF CYLINDER UNIT
Work with extreme care when removing or replacing the Cylinder Unit. Do not touch
Video Heads during servicing.
1. Remove the VCR Chassis Unit.
2. Remove the Main C.B.A.
3. Place the Mechanism Chassis and Cassette Up Ass'y upside down.
4. Remove Black Screw (A) and Earth Plate Unit.
5. Remove 3 Screws (B).
6. Place the Mechanism Chassis and Cassette Up Ass'y in a normal position.
7. Remove 2 Screws (C) and then lift the Cylinder Unit and Head Amp Ass'y slowly
from top side.
Since there is very little clearance between the Cylinder Unit and the chassis,
remove the Cylinder Unit gently and carefully.
8. Unsolder P3502 and P3503 on the Head Amp Ass'y and then remove the Head Amp
Ass'y from the Cylinder Unit.
9. Place the Mechanism Chassis and the Cassette Up Ass'y upside down.