18.104.22.168. POSITION ADJUSTMENT OF TENSION POST (PRELIMINARY)
To feed a constant tension to the tape so that the tape runs with stability, by
performing a preliminary adjustment.
Symptom of Misadjustment :
1) If the adjusted value is below the specification, the tape tension is not sufficient,
thus causing a tape slack to occur.
2) f the adjusted value is above the specification, the tape tension is too high, thus
causing tape damage to occur.
*Equipment Required :
2mm Hex. Wrench .................(Purchase Locally)
1. Remove the Cassette Up Ass'y.
2. Set the Service Mode.
3. Turn ON the Power Switch and press the Play Button to complete the loading
4. As soon as loading is completed, insert the Hex. Wrench(2mm) into the Tension
Band Fastener and adjust it (only counterclockwise) as indicated by the arrow so
that the outside edge of the Tension Post lines up with the outside edge of Cut
Washer on the P1 post. (See Fig. M7)
5. Remove the Hex. Wrench (2mm).
6. Press the Stop/Eject Button to complete the unloading operation Sequence.
7. Reset the Service Mode.
8. Reinstall the Cassette Up Ass'y and cabinet parts.