DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RIDE THE MOTORCYCLE UNTIL THE
BRAKE PEDAL IS OPERATING FULLY. PUMP THE LEVER UN-
TIL THE PADS ARE AGAINST THE DISK. IF NOT, THE BRAKE
WILL NOT WORK THE FIRST TIME THE PEDAL IS USED.
Inspecting the pads for wear
- Removing the rear brake pads.
- Examine both brake pads.
If the wear has caused the wear indicating groove (1) to
disappear, both pads must be renewed.
Extracting the rear main cylinder
- Remove the cover protecting the main cylinder. (The bol-
ts securing the cover also support the cylinder)
- Extract the bolt and remove the flexible hose from the
brake cylinder reservoir.
CLEAN OFF ANY SPILT BRAKE FLUID REMAINS IMMEDIA-
Fitting the rear main cylinder.
- Fit the rear main cylinder and its protective cover.
- Tighten the brake flexible hose bolt.
- Bleed the brake system pipe (consult "Bleeding the brake
system pipe" in this chapter).
- Check the condition of the braking force to see if any
resistance is noted or any loss of fluid.