This section describes the machine's general safety and maintenance work rules.
In the event of having to carry out work on the engine while this is running, ensure that the area is well ven-
tilated, where possible using extractor fans. Never leave engines running in closed spaces. Exhaust gases
Petrol is extremely inflammable and in certain conditions may explode. Smoking must not be allowed in the
work area, nor should there be naked flames or sparks.
- Use genuine DERBI spare parts and lubricants recommended by the Manufacturer. Non-genuine or unau-
thorised parts may damage the engine.
- Always use new gaskets and oil seals during re-assembly.
- After dismantling, clean the components with solvents that are non-inflammable or with a high flammability
point. Lubricate all working surfaces before re-assembling, excluding tapered joints.
- After re-assembly, check that all components have been correctly fitted and that they are functioning per-
- For dismantling, checking and re-assembly operations, use only tools with metric measurements. Metric
screws, nuts and bolts are not interchangeable with imperial measurement joining devices. Using unsuitable
tools and joining devices may damage the engine.
- In the case of work on the engine involving the electrical circuitry, check that electrical connections have
been correctly fitted.