Installing and Connecting the 7858 Modem
Figure 1-44. 7858 Front Side
Figure 1-45. 7858 Rear Panel
7858 Modem Installation
This section describes how you can easily install the modem and how you can
configure it in order to have it immediately operational.
In addition to the modem and this manual, the carton should contain:
v The power attachment cord.
v Two telecommunication cables:
v The IBM Telecommunication Products Safety Handbook .
1. If you are not familiar with the 7858, refer to the IBM 7858 Professional
Modem Guide to Operation , GA13-1981.
2. Power requirements:
v Low voltage range: 90 to 137 V ac.
v High voltage range: 180 to 265 V ac.
3. The document Power Supply and Telecommunication Connections for IBM
Modems , GA33-0054, contains useful information about the different
telecommunication connectors and power supply plugs.
4. Read the IBM Telecommunication Products Safety Handbook , SD21-0030.
– Black cable for the switched line, labelled SW. This cable fits into the PSTN
socket in the modem rear panel.
– Gray cable for the leased line, labelled LL. This cable fits into the LL socket in
the modem rear panel.
Installing the NAS and Its Modem
Chapter 1. Installing and Configuring the NAS and Its Modem