How to Run the Nways Switch Administration Station Diagnostics
The following tools are available to help identify and resolve hardware-related
problems on the Nways Switch administration station:
v Power-On Self-Test (POST)
v Diagnostics Test Programs (IBM PC Enhanced Diagnostics)
Power-On Self-Test (POST)
To start the POST:
1. Power on the display and the Nways Switch administration station appears at
2. A count of the computer memory appears at the upper-left corner of the display.
3. If an error is detected, an error code appears under the computer memory
4. The POST completes successfully when no errors are detected in the Nways
5. The Nways Switch administration station attempts to load the operating system.
Note: Pressing F1 during POST causes the Configuration Utility menu to appear
Use the Diagnostics diskette for testing the basic system hardware.
The diagnostics program is intended to test only the basic standard Nways
Switch administration station and supported hardware. Other products,
prototype cards, or modified options can give false errors and invalid Nways
Switch administration station responses.
2220 Setup and Service Guide
the upper-right corner of the display.
count. Refer to the IBM Personal Computer 300 Series, 700 Series,
IntelliStation; Hardware Maintenance Manual , S83G-7789.
Switch administration station.
If an operating system is not found, a graphic message (icon) appears
requesting that you insert a diskette into drive A and press the F1 key to resume
after the POST has completed.
1. Power off the Nways Switch administration station.
2. Insert the diagnostics diskette in drive A.
3. Power on the Nways Switch administration station.
4. Do not press F1 when the icon appears.
5. Several messages appear. Wait until the following window appears.