13) Parts which are always removed to check as indicated in the FIP and procedures for that purpose
are not specifically referred to here. They should be handled carefully.
14) "Replacement" in the FIP indicates replacement of parts which are considered to be the source of
trouble to be checked after replacing those parts, assemblies containing them, or parts (HIGH
15) In the FIP, the paper pick-up unit by means of the paper tray at the lower part of the printer is
referred to as "try 1", the first level of the paper pick-up unit feeder unit as "try 2", and the second
level as the "tray3".
16) In the FIP, existence and non-existence of Diag tools (maintenance tools,) are distinguished in
some cases. Correct troubles according to the instructions in the FIP.
17) In the FIP, procedures are differentiated depending on specifications. Correct troubles according
to the instructions in the FIP.
18) For optional parts, some troubleshooting procedure may follow the manual for those options, of
which you should take note.
Keep those manuals for the optional parts when required.
1 – 5
Chapter 1 Troubleshooting