• After the power is turned on, the camera moves automatically for trial operation. Be
careful not to catch your finger.
• If you use force to prevent the camera from moving, it may not resume moving and
not output a signal to the Communication System. In this case, turn off the System,
and turn it on again.
• When you turn on the power of the Communication System for the first time after
installation, the setup wizard will appear after the self-diagnosis is completed. Set up
your system following the wizard.
For setups using the wizard, see "Setting Up the System Immediately after
the Installation — Initial Setup Wizard" on page 39.
• Used with an optional device especially designed for use with this system, such as the
Camera Unit and ISDN Unit, for the first time, the Communication System may
automatically upgrade the software of the connected device. While the upgrading
message is displayed on the monitor screen, be sure not to turn off the Communication
System. Doing so may cause malfunction of the system. System malfunction may also
occur when a system power-off has been caused by an accidental problem such as a
power interruption during upgrading. If connection of the Camera Unit, ISDN Unit,
etc. to the Communication System is not re-established even after the system power
is recovered, consult a Sony dealer.
• You can check the versions of the Communication System, optional dedicated
equipment connected and the application software installed using the Machine Status
For details on the Machine Status menu, see page 78.
Standby Mode Function
To save power, the Communication System will enter standby mode if you do
not operate it for a specified period of time. When the Communication System
is in standby mode, the
You can turn on the Communication System with any button on the Remote
Commander if the System is in standby mode.
Once the Communication System receives a call, the standby mode is
Turning the System On/Off
indicator lights in orange.