Basic Printing Workflow
The printer will not go into Standby in the following situations. Take the appropriate action.
• The Top Cover is open
Close the Top Cover.
• The Ink Tank Cover is open
Close the Ink Tank Cover.
• The Printhead is not installed
see "Replacing the Printhead."
• An Ink Tank is not installed
see "Replacing Ink Tanks."
• If ERROR is shown on the Display Screen
see "Error Messages."
• The Power Lamp and Message Lamp are not lit (even once), and nothing appears on the Display
Make sure the printer is plugged in correctly. Check the connection at the plug and electrical outlet.
• No paper is loaded
Load paper. (See "Loading and Printing on Rolls.")
• Starting the printer when it is connected via the USB cable to a Macintosh computer that is off may cause the
computer to start up at the same time. To prevent this, disconnect the USB cable before starting the printer.
Connecting the printer to the computer via a USB hub may solve this issue.
Turning the printer off
• Never disconnect the printer's power supply or unplug it during a print job. This may damage the printer.
Make sure no print jobs are in progress.
If the Message Lamp is flashing, check the message on the Display Screen and take action as necessary. (See
Turning the Printer On and Off
(See "Loading and Printing on Sheets.")