After PWR LED turns on, check the engineering tool's Module Diagnosis (CPU Diagnosis) screen, and confirm that the
firmware version has been updated.
[Diagnostics] [Module Diagnostics(CPU Diagnostics)]
Turn the CPU module power OFF and remove the SD memory card. Delete the firmware update file from the removed
SD memory card.
*1 This operation is required when the firmware version is "1.045" and later.
• Communication with other modules and communication with the engineering tool or external devices is not
possible while the firmware update is being executed.
• If a device comment file exists in the CPU module at the time of firmware update, the device comment file
will be backed up
• If the firmware is updated correctly and there is a device comment backup file in the SD memory card, the
device comment file will be restored
restored, the device comment backup file in the SD memory card will be deleted.
• If the CPU module is restarted or reset after recovery of the device comment file fails, recovery retry
be executed. The RUN LED and ERR LED blink slowly (5 seconds or more) when recovering the device
comment file with retry. The LED will turn OFF when the file is correctly recovered. If the recovery fails
again, the ERR LED will blink.
• The firmware version can also be confirmed with the special register (SD8001).
• After the firmware is updated, if a firmware update file that differs from the CPU module's version is stored in
the "$MELPRJ$" folder of the SD memory card, the firmware will be updated.
*2 Refer to Page 478 Added and Enhanced Functions for the versions that support device comment file save/recovery.
*3 Refer to Page 478 Added and Enhanced Functions for the versions that support device comment file recovery retry.
to the SD memory card.
from the SD memory card to the CPU built-in memory. After the file is
5 FIRMWARE UPDATE FUNCTION