• Back up the various data such as the programs and parameters before executing the firmware update.
• Check the target model, and download the correct firmware update file from the Mitsubishi Electric FA website. The
firmware will not be updated if the target model does not match.
• Do not change the data (folder and file name) downloaded from the Mitsubishi Electric FA website.
• Do not turn the power OFF or reset the CPU module while the firmware update is in progress. Doing so may cause
programs to be deleted.
• Do not remove the SD memory card while the firmware update is in progress. If the SD memory card is removed before the
firmware update finishes, the process may end with an error.
• When the firmware version of the CPU module is updated by the firmware update function, some functions have restrictions
depending on the serial No. For details on operation, refer to Page 478 Added and Enhanced Functions.
If an error occurs, take corrective action according to the error code. (Page 401 List of error codes)
If the error cannot be judged by the error code, check the following items and troubleshoot the situation.
The LED turns off and does not blink.
The RUN LED turns off and the ERR LED is blinking.
5 FIRMWARE UPDATE FUNCTION
• Check that the SD card is inserted.
• Check whether the folder name and file name to be stored in the SD memory
card are correct.
• Check whether the same firmware version has already been written in.
• Obtain the firmware update file from the Mitsubishi Electric FA website, and
update the file in the SD memory card.
Reset the CPU module. If the same situation occurs again, the hardware of the
CPU module may be malfunctioning. Consult your local Mitsubishi Electric