Dubbing to VCR, DVD/HDD device, etc. (Continued)
Dubbing to another device
Prepare your camcorder for
Insert the recorded cassette.
Slide the POWER switch to VCR.
Set [DOWN CONVERT] according to
the playback device (TV, etc.) (p. 77).
Prepare your VCR/DVD device for
When dubbing to the VCR, insert a
cassette for recording.
When dubbing to the DVD recorder,
insert a DVD for recording.
If your recording device has an input
selector, set it to the appropriate input
(such as video input1 and video input2).
Connect your VCR/DVD device to
your camcorder as a recording
See page 85 for connection details.
Start playback on the camcorder,
and recording on the VCR/DVD
Refer to the operating instructions
supplied with your recording device for
When dubbing is complete, stop
your camcorder and the VCR/DVD
• The following cannot be output via the
DV interface (i.LINK):
– Titles that are recorded on other camcorder
• Pictures recorded in the HDV format are not
output from the
HDV/DV interface (i.LINK)
jack during playback pause or in any playback
mode other than normal playback.
• Note the following when connecting with an
– The recorded picture becomes rough when a
picture is paused on your camcorder while
recording to a VCR/DVD device.
– Data codes (date/time/camera settings data)
may not be displayed or recorded depending
on the device or application.
– You cannot record the picture and sound
• When dubbing to a DVD recorder from your
camcorder in DVCAM (DV) format through an
i.LINK cable, you may not operate your
camcorder on your DVD recorder even its
instruction manual says you can. If you can set
the input mode to DV on your DVD recorder
and can input/output pictures, follow the steps in
"Dubbing to another device."
• To record the date/time and camera settings data
when connected by the A/V connecting cable,
display them on the screen.
• When you use an i.LINK cable, the video and
sound signals are transmitted digitally,
producing high quality pictures.
• When an i.LINK cable is connected, the format
of the output signal (
) will be indicated on the LCD screen of