6. Flange Back Adjustment
(Using the minipattern box or flange back adjust
The inner focus lens flange back adjustment is carried out auto-
matically. In whichever case, the focus will be deviated during
auto focusing/manual focusing.
Siemens star chart with ND filter for
minipattern box (Note 1) or flange
back adjustment jig
Adjusting remote commander
11, 20 to 3F, 4C, 4D
Data of page: 6F, address: 2F is
"00" to "0E"
Data of pege: 6, address: 0C is "00"
Note 1: Dark Siemens star chart.
Note 2: Perform "HALL Adjustment", "MR Adjustment" and
"Differential Gain Adjustment" before this adjustment.
Note 3: Perform the adjustment with the lens in horizontal state.
Note 4: If reading/writing data on pages 6F, set data: 06 to page:
0, address: 10, and then select pages F. By this data set-
ting, the pages 6F can be selected.
After the data reading/writing finished, return the data
on page: 0, address: 10 to "00".
Note 5: Check that the data of page: 6, address: 02 is "00". If
not, select page: 6, address: 01, set data: 00, and press
PAUSE (Write) button.
Note 6: Don't touch the zoom lever during adjustment.
Note 7: After adjustment, if the focusing to a subject located at
infinity failed, increase the illuminance of the chart and
1) POWER ......................................................... CAMERA mode
2) ND FILTER ...................................................................... OFF
3) REC FORMAT (Menu setting) ............................. HDV1080i
Preparation (Using the minipattern box)
1) The minipattern box is installed as shown in the following fig-
Note 8: The attachment lenses are not used.
2) Install the minipattern box so that the distance between it and
the front of lens of camera is less than 3 cm.
3) Make the height of minipattern box and the camera equal.
4) Check the output voltage of the regulated power supply is the
specified voltage ± 0.01 Vdc.
5) Check that the center of Siemens star chart meets the center of
shot image screen with the zoom lens at TELE end and WIDE
Specified voltage: The specified voltage varies according to the
minipattern box, so adjustment the power sup-
ply output voltage to the specified voltage writ-
ten on the sheet which is supplied with the mini-
Output voltage : Specified voltage ± 0.01 Vdc
Yellow (SENS +)
White (SENS –)
Preparation (Using the flange back adjustment jig)
(Luminance: 300 to 400 lux)
1) Install the flange back adjustment jig so that the distance be-
tween it and the front of lens of camera is less than 3 cm.
2) Make the height of flange back adjustment jig and the camera
3) Check that the center of chart meets the center of shot image
screen with the zoom lens at TELE end and WIDE end respec-
Flange back adjustment jig
Below 3 cm
Regulated power supply
Output current : more than 3.5 A
Need not connected
Below 3 cm