Press the REC START/STOP button A (or B).
The Rec lamp lights up during recording.
To stop the movie recording, press the REC START/STOP button again.
• When recording in HDV format, the aspect ratio is fixed to 16:9. When recording in DVCAM (DV)
format, you can switch the aspect ratio to 4:3 ([DV WIDE REC] p. 76).
• You can change the screen display during recording (p. 48).
• Indicators displayed on the screen during recording are shown on page 137.
• The recording lamp can be set to stay off ([REC LAMP] p. 84).
• You cannot record the movie on a "Memory Stick Duo".
To record in mirror mode
Open the LCD panel 90 degrees to the camcorder (1), then rotate it 180 degrees toward the
• A mirror-image of the subject appears on the LCD screen, but the recorded picture will be normal.
[STBY] t [REC]