The battery pack discharges too quickly.
• Ambient temperature is too high or low, or the battery pack has not been charged enough.
This is not a malfunction.
• Fully charge the battery again. If the problem persists, the battery may be worn-out. Replace
it with a new one (p. 16, 120).
The picture remains on the LCD screen.
• This occurs if you disconnect the DC plug or remove the battery pack without turning off the
power first. This is not a malfunction.
The picture in the viewfinder is not clear.
• Move the viewfinder lens adjustment lever until the picture appears clearly (p. 20).
The picture in the viewfinder has disappeared.
• If you change [VF POWERMODE] to [AUTO], the finder light remains off while the LCD
panel is open (p. 73).
The supplied Remote Commander does not function.
• Set [REMOTE CTRL] to [ON] (p. 84).
• Remove any obstructions between the Remote Commander and the remote sensor.
• Keep strong light sources, such as sunlight or overhead lighting, away from the remote
sensor, otherwise the Remote Commander may not function properly.
• Insert a fresh battery in the compartment with its +/– terminals matching those of the
compartment (p. 136).
Another VCR malfunctions when you use the supplied Remote Commander.
• Select a commander mode other than VTR 2 for your VCR.
• Cover the sensor of your VCR with black paper.
Cassette tapes/"Memory Stick Duo"
The cassette cannot be ejected from the compartment.
• Make sure the power source (battery pack or AC Adaptor) is connected correctly (p. 16).
• Moisture condensation has occurred inside the camcorder (p. 123).
The Cassette Memory indicator or title display does not appear while using a
cassette with Cassette Memory.
• This camcorder does not support Cassette Memory, so the indicator does not appear.
The remaining tape indicator is not displayed.
• Set [
REMAINING] to [ON] to always display the remaining tape indicator (p. 74).