Configuring Settings in Mac OS
1. Access the Page Setup pane.
2. Click the width of the loaded roll in the Roll Width list.
3. Make sure the size of the original you have prepared is
displayed in Page Size.
4. Select the Enlarged/Reduced Printing check box.
5. Select either Fit Roll Paper Width or Scaling.
Other Methods of Printing: Printing from Print Plug-Ins
Using print plug-ins, you can print directly from applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Digital
The main features of Print Plug-In are as follows.
• You can automatically detect the color space of Adobe RGB or sRGB-use images, etc., and
automatically set optimal profiles. Thus, you can print without the trouble of configuring settings.
• You can directly process image data on Adobe Photoshop, and forward the image data to a printer.
In this way, you can process 16-bit image data in addition to 8-bit image data.
• You can print an image with adjustment values such as the color balance, brightness, and contrast
varying in steps and select your preferred adjustment values.
• You can create and print a layout image for finishing by mounting in a frame with the image
extended to the sides of the frame by using the Layout Plug-In that is installed at the same time as
the Print Plug-In for Photoshop.
• Loss of gradation in dark areas can be reduced by performing black point compensation.
• You can perform printing press simulation printing by specifying the printing press profile.
Starting from Adobe Photoshop
1. Start Adobe Photoshop.
2. Open the image that you wish to print.
3. If required, select the print range.
4. Select Export (or Data Export) from the File menu and
then select the output plug-in that matches your printer.
The imagePROGRAF Print Plug-In for Photoshop
window is displayed.
iPF8400S Basic Guide