2. Align the inserted edge of the sheet with the leading
edge of the Paper Alignment Line (d), as shown.
When inserted, sheets are automatically held by
suction against the Platen.
• Load a sheet so that it is parallel to the Paper Alignment Line at right (c). Loading paper
• Warped paper may rub against the Printhead. Straighten paper if it is warped before
• You can adjust the strength of suction holding paper against the Platen when the
• Sheets are held in place by suction through holes on the Platen. Although the suction
• The suction remains on for about 30 seconds during loading. If you cannot finish
Lower the Release Lever and close the Top
If a print job was received
Pressing the OK button will advance the paper, and then printing will begin.
askew will cause an error.(See "Paper loaded askew..")➔P.140
Release Lever is up. If it is difficult to load paper, press the ▲ or ▼ button on the
Control Panel to adjust the strength. Set suction stronger by pressing the ▲ button or
weaker with the ▼ button. Three settings are available.
However, even if you increase the suction, it may not be sufficient to hold some types of
paper against the Platen well. In this case, use your hand to load the paper.
may produce a noise when paper is loaded in some positions, it does not indicate a
problem. If the noise is distracting, try moving the paper over slightly to the left or right
(up to 1 mm [0.039 in]) while keeping it parallel to the Paper Alignment Line.
loading a sheet during this time, pull the sheet away and reinsert it to start the suction
iPF8400S Basic Guide