iPF8400S Basic Guide
Once paper feeding starts, you will need to do the following, based on the ManageRemainRoll
setting and the barcode printed on rolls. (See "Keeping Track of the Amount of Roll Paper Left.")
Removing the Roll from the Printer
Remove rolls from the printer as follows.
• If you need to cut the roll, see "Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls."➔User's Guide
On the Tab Selection screen of the Control
Panel, press ◀ or ▶ to select the Paper tab
A menu for selection of the type of paper is shown on the Display
Press ▲ or ▼ to select the type of paper, and then press the OK button.
The type and amount of paper left is automatically detected based on
the barcode printed on the roll.
There is no need to specify the type and length of the paper.
A menu for selection of the type and length of paper is shown on the
Press ▲ or ▼ to select the type and length of paper loaded, and then
press the OK button.
• Cut the edge of the roll using the Paper Cutting function if the edge is creased or
soiled. (See "Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls.")➔User's Guide
• For details on types of paper to select, see the Paper Reference Guide. (See "Paper
• Adjusting the printhead alignment with the type of paper to be used in printing may
enhance printing quality. (See "Automatic Adjustment to Straighten Lines and Colors.")
• When paper leading edge detection is set to Off for Manual, printing will start at the
position at which the roll was set in procedure 8. Thus, the margin of the paper leading
edge will enlarge. (See "Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls.")➔User's Guide
Printer Operation After the Paper is Fed