Precautions when handling ink tanks
Take the following precautions when handling ink tanks.
• For safety, keep ink tanks out of the reach of children.
• If ink is accidentally ingested, contact a physician immediately.
• There may be ink around the ink supply section of ink tanks you removed. Handle ink tanks
carefully during replacement. The ink may stain clothing.
• Do not install used ink tanks in another model of printer.
This will prevent correct ink level detection, which may damage the printer or cause other
• We recommend using up an Ink Tank in the course of printing within six months after breaking
the seal. Printing quality may be affected if you use older ink tanks.
• Do not leave the printer without ink tanks installed for extended periods (a month or more).
Residual ink may become clogged inside the printer and affect printing quality.
How to replace an Ink Tank
1. "Confirm the message"➔P.27
2. Access the menu for "Access the menu for Ink Tank replacement"➔P.28 (Otherwise, open the Ink
3. Remove the Ink Tank.
• "Remove the Ink Tank (330 ml)"➔P.28
• "Remove the Ink Tank (700 ml)"➔P.30
4. Load the new Ink Tank.
• "Load the Ink Tank (330 ml)"➔P.31
• "Load the Ink Tank (700 ml)"➔P.33
Confirm the message
When the ink level becomes low, a message is displayed on the Display Screen.
According to the message, replace the ink tank or prepare a new ink tank. (See "When to Replace Ink
If a message requests you to replace an Ink Tank, press the OK button. In this case, you can skip the
step Access the menu for ink tank replacement. Follow the instructions in Remove the ink tanks.
iPF8400S Basic Guide